Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Inspect and replace components if worn or damaged.
- Install pushrods making sure they seat properly in the lifter.
- Install rocker arm supports.
- Apply a suitable prelube to the following rocker arm contact surfaces:
- Install the rocker arms as follows:
Rotate the crankshaft balancer to position the alignment mark (1) 57-63 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise from the engine front cover alignment tab.
Tighten the rocker arm bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
NOTEOnce the rocker arms are installed and tightening properly, no additional valve lash adjustment is necessary.
Install or connect the following:
- Start and run the engine, then check for leaks and for proper ignition timing adjustment.