Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove wheel.
- Remove shock absorber lower bolts.
- Push the shock absorber through the control arm and into the spring.
- With the vehicle supported so the control arms hang free, install tool J-23028, onto a support and into the lower control arm bushings.
Remove stabilizer bar from the control arm.
- Remove stabilizer from the lower control arm.
- Raise and remove the tension on the lower control arm bolts.
- Install a safety chain around the spring and through the lower control arm.
- Remove lower control arm pivot bolts, the rear first.
- Remove lower control arm and allow it to hang free.
Remove spring assembly.
When positioning the spring in the lower control arm, be sure the spring insulator is in the proper position before lifting the control arm in place.
- Install spring assembly.
- Install lower control arm.
- Install lower control arm pivot bolts.
- Install stabilizer to the lower control arm.