Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Drain the fuel tank.
- Support the fuel tank.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Disconnect filler neck from the tank.
- Remove shield from tank and tank straps.
- Disconnect fuel lines and vapor hose from pump.
- Disconnect electrical connection from fuel pump.
- Remove fuel tank.
- Remove fuel pump/sending unit assembly by turning the locking ring (located on top of the fuel tank) counterclockwise using a spanner wrench.
Remove fuel pump from the fuel lever sending device.
- Install fuel pump in tank with new seal around opening.
- Raise tank and connect fuel lines and vapor hose.
- Install tank to the frame. Torque the fasteners to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install shield.
- Install fuel filler neck and clamp.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Refill the tank.
- Run the engine and check for leaks.