Removal & Installation
- Properly disarm the SIR (air bag) system, then disconnect the negative battery cable. For details on disarming the air bag system, please refer to the Chassis Electrical section of this manual. The disarming procedure can be found in the General Information section.
- Either lower the steering column from the instrument panel for access or unbolt and remove the column. If the column is removed, prevent it from rotating so the SIR coil does not become uncentered.
- Remove the combination switch from the steering column.
If equipped, remove the alarm switch from the lock module assembly by gently prying the retaining clip on the alarm switch using a small blade prytool. Then, rotate the alarm switch
turn and remove.
- Remove the 2 ignition switch self-tapping retaining screws.
Disengage the connector, then remove the wiring harness from the slot in the steering column. Remove the ignition and key alarm switch.
- Position the switch to the column. Route the wire harness through the slot in the column housing assembly. Secure the harness using a wire strap through the hole located in the bottom of the housing assembly.
- Install the switch retaining screws and tighten to 12 inch lbs. (1.4 Nm) in order to secure the switch.
- If applicable, install the alarm switch to the lock module assembly by aligning the switch (with the retaining clip) parallel to the lock cylinder, then rotating the switch 1 / 4 turn until locked in place.
- Install the combination switch to the steering column.
- Position and secure the steering column.
- Make sure the ignition is OFF , then connect the negative battery cable.
- Properly arm the SIR system. For details on arming the air bag system, please refer to the Chassis Electrical section of this manual. The arming procedure can be found in the General Information section.