- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEOn some engines, the pump retaining bolts will vary in size and thread. Be sure to note the positioning of all bolts during removal to assure proper installation.
Air intake assembly
Clean gasket mounting surface.
Install or connect the following:
Water pump. Torque bolts to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Refill the cooling system.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.