- Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
- Attach the sensors, the steering column connector and the seat belt tensioner connectors.
- Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
- Connect the negative battery terminal.
When turning the ignition switch ON and OFF, do not access the ignition switch by reaching through the steering wheel. Keep a safe distance between the steering wheel. Do NOT allow any loose objects near the air bag unit(s) when turning the ignition ON.
- Check the warning light operation by turning the ignition switch to the OFF position, then, turn the ignition switch to the ON position. Check that the SRS air bag light illuminates for 6 seconds and extinguishes. If it illuminates in any other pattern, check the components and their connections for proper operation and recheck the operation of the warning light.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the shield.
- Connect the negative battery cable.