Removal & Installation
The clutch master and slave cylinders should be replaced as a pair. If one unit fails, the other usually will fail soon after.
- Remove enough brake fluid from the reservoir until the level drops below the refill line connection.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Place a suitable drain pan under the slave cylinder.
- Using a flare nut wrench loosen, but do not remove, the fluid line.
- Remove the retaining bolts and pull the slave cylinder down.
- Remove the line from the slave cylinder.
- Install the slave cylinder on the transmission.
- Tighten the slave cylinder bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Tighten the fluid connections to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Make sure to install the cylinder with the bleed screw facing down. When installing the front pushrod, coat it with the proper high temperature grease.
- Bleed the system.