Removal & Installation
The front fenders are bolted onto the body shell and the hood lock carrier on A4 and Passat models and can be removed and installed with basic hand tools. The rear fenders are integral with the body shell. Replacement of the rear fenders requires the use of specialized equipment. Replacement of the rear fenders should only be performed by a certified body repair technician, who can use approved equipment in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, standards and specifications.
- Remove the front bumper.
- Remove the inner wheel liners.
- Remove the turn signal assembly and disconnect the electrical connection for the side turn signal light.
- Apply protective tape around the surrounding body panels and exposed edges.
- Remove the fender mounting fasteners and remove the fender.
- Installation is in reverse order of removal noting the following:
- Tighten the fender bolt and washer assemblies to 66 inch lbs. (7.5 Nm).
- Tighten the Phillips screw and the bolt for the threaded rivet to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).