Removal & Installation
The throttle body is mounted on the intake manifold inlet downstream of the mixture control unit. The function of the throttle valve is to regulate airflow into the engine. The throttle valve is control by the throttle cable. The throttle valve does not control engine idle speed; that is accomplished by the idle stabilizer valve.
For component location identification and assistance with removal of this component, refer to the following appropriate exploded view illustration.
- Upper intake manifold
- Cable duct
- Torque to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm)
- Torque to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm)
- Vacuum line
- Breather hose
- Junction piece
- Throttle valve control module
- 8-pin connector for throttle valve control module
- Gasket (always replace)
- Accelerator pedal support bracket
- Ground (GND) wires
- Left rear support
See Intake Manifold procedures.