Removal & Installation
Turn Signal/Hi-Low Beam/Wiper Switch
- Note the radio security code and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the SRS air bag assembly. For additional information, please refer to the following topic(s): Steering Wheel, Removal and Installation.
- Adjust the steering column fully out and fully down.
- Remove the Phillips screws from the lower steering column cover.
- Carefully remove the upper steering column cover.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the spiral spring for the horn and SRS air bag inside the column cover.
- Center and remove the steering wheel. For additional information, please refer to the following topic(s): Steering Wheel, Removal and Installation.
- Loosen and if necessary remove the hex head fastener for the clamp securing the switches to the steering column.
- Remove the release handle fasteners and remove the release handle lever.
- Carefully slide the steering column switches up the column about 5 / 8 inch (15mm) and pry off their electrical connectors.
- Slide the switches up the steering column along with the lower trim cover, taking care to clear the adjustment lever.
- To separate the switches remove the fasteners from the front of the lower column cover and the fastener on the backside of the turn signal switch.
- Installation is in reverse order of removal noting the following:
- When installing the switch/lower cover assembly, make sure to have at least an 1 / 8 inch (3mm) gap between the column cover and the steering wheel. If necessary position the switches to achieve a suitable gap.