Removal & Installation
Front Manual Seats
Before starting work on seats, connect VAS5094 airbag adapter.
Slight changes may have to be made to the removal and installation procedures, depending upon the equipment installed in vehicle.
- Before removing the seat, obtain the radio security code and then disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Push the seat forward.
- Remove the caps and remove the Phillips-head screws located under caps on each seat track.
- Remove the cap nut (2) and socket-head screw (3).
- Release the retaining rod (1) and pull the seat toward the rear, out of the guide rails.
The attachment with the socket-head screw is replaced by a stop-spring as a running change.
- Unclip the stop spring.
- Pull the release lever up and push out the seat to the rear.
For vehicles with heated seats, disconnect the harness connector.
When sliding the seat out of the guide rails, ensure that carpeting is not ripped.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tightening torque of the socket-head screw is 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
Before starting work on seats, connect VAS5094 airbag.
Slight changes may have to be made to removal and installation procedures, depending upon equipment installed in vehicle:
For power seat, move seat fully up and back before disconnecting battery.Before disconnecting battery, determine radio code.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable.
- Pull off the front left and right caps toward front.
- Remove the bolts.
- Carefully remove the front seat from the vehicle.