Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the rear wheels.
- On Front Wheel Drive models, remove the heat shield above the exhaust in the center tunnel.
- Locate the threaded adjusters. On All Wheel Drive (AWD) models, they are located in the front of the lower control arms, on Front Wheel Drive (FWD) vehicles, they are located in the tunnel on the underbody of the vehicle.
- Remove the locking clip between the hex nut and the adjustment housing.
- Counter hold the hex nut with a 13mm wrench and thread the adjustment housing to loosen the cable until the adjustment housing is fully loosened, then slide the 2 portions of the cable toward one another.
- Remove the lock clip at the brake caliper and remove the cable, taking care to not damage the cable boot.
- On Front Wheel Drive models, remove the heat shield above the muffler and push aside.
- Remove the cables from the cable brackets. Should the assembly aid fall out it is not necessary to reinstall it.
- Using a suitable flat blade screwdriver, remove the cables from the retaining bracket at the under body tunnel where the cables enter the interior of the vehicle.
- Remove the rear portion of the center console, then using a suitable flat blade screwdriver, push the cables toward the parking brake lever and press the cable ball end out of the bracket.
- From under the vehicle, press the guide sleeve-locking element together and pull the cables out of the guide sleeve.
- Guide the parking brake cables through until the guide sleeve locks into place.
- If not previously removed, remove any plastic parts at the hand brake lever adjustment bracket as they are not needed for installation.
- Using a No. 2 flat-blade screwdriver, lock the adjustment bracket at the hand brake lever to prevent it from turning.
- Insert the cable end ball through the mounting in the adjustment bracket, making sure the cable locks into place in the bracket.
- Working under the vehicle, route the cables through their routing brackets and attach them to the brake caliper.
- The balance of installation is in reverse order of removal noting the following:
- Adjust the parking brake cable and check its operation.