Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the strut from the vehicle.
- Clamp the spring compressor tool VAG 1752/2, in a vise.
- Install the strut into the spring compressor.
- Pry off the mounting bolt cap.
- Compress the coil spring and remove the self-locking nut from the piston rod.
- Matchmark the position of the spring retainer and spring mount.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Spring seat and related components
- Release the tension on the coil spring.
- Remove the spring out of the compressor.
- Install the spring into the compressor.
- Compress the spring and insert the strut through the spring.
Install or connect the following:
Spring seat and related components in the reverse order as they were removed by aligning the matchmarks
- Release the spring compressor.
Install the strut into the vehicle.