Removal & Installation
All Wheel Drive
Upper Control Arm
To remove the upper control arm, refer to the rear strut removal procedures. proceed as follows:
Lower Control Arm
- Note the radio security code and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the ABS speed sensor cable from the control arm.
- Drain the brake hydraulic fluid into a suitable container.
- Place a suitable container beneath the line and disconnect the brake line at the metal line to flexible line junction near the brake caliper.
- Remove the strut-to-control arm mounting fastener.
- Remove the parking brake cable.
- Matchmark the rear camber eccentric washer to the control arm, then remove the fastener.
- Remove the control arm-to-subframe mounting fasteners, then remove the control arm.
- Installation is in reverse order of removal. Note the following:
- Install new fasteners and torque the control arm-to-strut in 2 steps:
- Tighten the control arm-to-subframe in 2 steps:
- Tighten the control arm-to-bearing housing eccentric adjuster to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm)
- Bleed the brake system.
- Check and adjust the alignment as necessary.