Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle
- Paint or scribe reference marks on the transfer case flange to the propeller shaft flange to ensure minimal driveline system imbalance.
- Support the front of the propeller shaft with a jack stand.
Remove the front propeller shaft bolt.
NOTEDO NOT reuse the propeller shaft bolts or washers. Replace with NEW.
- Support the center bearing with a jack stand and remove the center bearing bolt.
- Paint or scribe reference marks on the rear propeller shaft flange to the rear differential drive flange to ensure minimal driveline system imbalance.
- Remove the rear propeller shaft bolt and remove the propeller shaft.
Installation is the reverse of removal, please note the following:
- Align the matchmarks made prior to removal when installing the shaft.
- Tighten the rear propeller shaft bolt to 43 ft. lbs. (58 Nm).
- Tighten the center bearing bolt to 43 ft. lbs. (58 Nm).
- Tighten the front propeller shaft bolt to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).