Removal & Installation
- Remove the halfshaft.
Remove the intermediate shaft bolts and the shaft.
NOTEUse care when removing the intermediate drive shaft from the transmission as not to damage the seal.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the intermediate shaft bolts to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
NOTEA seal protector such as J-44394 must be installed into the differential output shaft seal prior to removing and installing the intermediate shaft. Failure to install the tool as indicated may cause the splines of the intermediate shaft to cut the differential output seal.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the right front wheel drive shaft.
Remove the intermediate drive shaft mounting bolts from the engine bracket.
- Remove the intermediate drive shaft from the vehicle.
- Install the intermediate drive shaft to the transaxle.
- Position the intermediate shaft support bracket to the engine.
- Install the support bracket bolts and tighten to 43 in. lbs. (58 Nm).
- Install a new wheel drive shaft retaining ring.
- Install the right wheel drive shaft.
- Remove the support and lower the vehicle.