The vehicle certification label is located on the driver door and displays the following assessments:
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR).
- Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR), front and rear.
The gross vehicle weight (GVW) is the weight of the vehicle and everything it carries. The gross vehicle weight must not exceed the GVWR. Include the following items when figuring the GVW:
- The base vehicle weight (factory weight).
- The weight of all vehicle accessories.
- The weight of the driver and the passengers.
- The weight of the cargo. (1) Name of Manufacturer (2) Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (3) Gross Axle Weight Rating (Front, Rear) (4) Canadian Safety Mark (5) Certification Statement (6) Vehicle Class Type (7) Vehicle Identification Number (8) Date of Manufacture (Mo/Yr)