Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
NOTEAlways turn the ignition OFF when connecting or disconnecting battery cables, battery chargers, or jumper cables. Failing to do so may damage the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) or other electronic components.
NOTEThe battery is located beneath the rear seat cushion.
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Remove the rear seat cushion.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Lateral accelerometer sensor electrical connector
- Install the lateral accelerometer sensor and tighten the screws to 21 inch lbs. (2.4 Nm)
- Connect the lateral accelerometer sensor electrical connector.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable and reinstall the rear seat cushion.
- Perform the ABS Diagnostic System Check.