Removal & Installation
- Remove the mounting nuts retaining the coolant recovery tank.
- Lift the coolant recovery tank to gain access to the camshaft position (CMP) sensor.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the CMP sensor.
- Remove the CMP sensor mounting bolt.
- Remove the CMP sensor from the cylinder head.
- Remove the sensor by pulling on the sensor connector. Do not pry on the bracket.
- Do not rotate or twist the sensor or damage the mounting bracket if the sensor is being reused.
- Install and fully seat the CMP sensor into the cylinder head.
- Install the CMP sensor mounting bolt. Tighten the bolt to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the CMP sensor.
- Lower the coolant recovery tank onto the mounting studs.
- Install the 2 mounting nuts to retain the coolant recovery tank. Tighten the nuts.