- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
NOTEAlways turn the ignition OFF when connecting or disconnecting battery cables, battery chargers, or jumper cables. Failing to do so may damage the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) or other electronic components.
NOTEThe battery is located beneath the rear seat cushion.
WARNINGUse care when handling the coolant sensor. Damage to the coolant sensor will affect the operation of the fuel control system.
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Drain the coolant to below the level of the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor.
- Disconnect the ECT sensor.
Remove the ECT sensor.
- Coat the sensor threads with an electrically conductive sealer GM P/N 1050805 or equivalent.
- Install the ECT sensor and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm)
- Connect the connector to the ECT sensor.
- Refill the coolant system.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable and reinstall the rear seat cushion.