Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
NOTEAlways turn the ignition OFF when connecting or disconnecting battery cables, battery chargers, or jumper cables. Failing to do so may damage the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) or other electronic components.
NOTEThe battery is located beneath the rear seat cushion.
CAUTIONThis vehicle is equipped with a Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) System. Failure to follow the correct procedure could cause air bag deployment, personal injury and unnecessary SIR system repairs.
- Disable the air bag system, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical Section.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the access plate covering the back of the switch.
- Remove the cruise control lever retaining screws.
Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Connect the electrical connector.
- Position the cruise control lever in the opening on the steering wheel.
- Install the cruise control lever retaining screws and tighten to 20 inch lbs. (2.3 Nm)
- Install the access plate.
- Install the steering wheel.