Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
NOTEAlways turn the ignition OFF when connecting or disconnecting battery cables, battery chargers, or jumper cables. Failing to do so may damage the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) or other electronic components.
NOTEThe battery is located beneath the rear seat cushion.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Front tires and wheels
- Separate the outer tie rod from the steering knuckle using special tool J 24319-B or a suitable ball joint separator.
- Remove the exhaust pipe.
- Turn the left strut completely to the left. Guide the stabilizer shaft out the left side of the vehicle between the body and the strut.
Remove the stabilizer bar out from under the vehicle.
Install or connect the following:
Stabilizer bar to the vehicle
Loosely install the following components:
- Left and right stabilizer bar insulators
- Install the stabilizer bar links.
- Install the left tie rod end to the steering knuckle.
- Install the left outer tie rod retaining nut and tighten to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm)
- Tighten the outer tie rod to steering knuckle retaining nut to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm) plus an additional 180°
- Install the tires and wheels.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable and reinstall the rear seat cushion.