- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Quick connect fitting at the fuel filter inlet
- Position the new fuel filter in the bracket.
- Install a new plastic retainer on the fuel inlet line.
- Apply a drop of oil on the fuel filter inlet fitting and snap the fitting onto the fuel filter.
- Reconnect the fuel outlet line to the filter by holding the filter with a back-up wrench and tightening the line fitting to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Pressurize the fuel system and verify no leaks.