Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
NOTEAlways turn the ignition OFF when connecting or disconnecting battery cables, battery chargers, or jumper cables. Failing to do so may damage the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) or other electronic components.
NOTEThe battery is located beneath the rear seat cushion.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Ignition lock cylinder. Refer to the IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER procedure in this section.
- Push and release the retaining tab at the rear of the ignition switch.
- Remove the ignition switch through the radio opening in the retainer.
- Disconnect the shift interlock cable from the ignition switch.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from ignition switch.
- Install the electrical connectors to the ignition switch.
- Connect the shift interlock cable to the ignition switch.
- Route the ignition switch through the radio opening and position to the retainer.
- Install the fasteners in order to secure the ignition switch and tighten to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm)
- Install the ignition lock cylinder.