Removal & Installation
Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.
Remove the negative battery cable.
NOTEThe area around the EHCU MUST be free from loose dirt to prevent contamination of disassembled ABS components.
- Thoroughly wash all contaminants from around the EHCU.
Disconnect the chassis electrical harness connectors from the EBCM.
NOTEMake sure that brake lines are tagged and kept in order for proper reassembly.
- Disconnect the brake lines from the BPMV.
- Remove the bolts securing the EHCU mounting bracket to the frame rail.
Remove the EHCU assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the bolts securing the BPMV mounting bracket to the BPMV.
- Disconnect the 2 way ABS pump motor connector.
Remove the bolts from the EBCM.
NOTEDo not reuse the EBCM mounting bolts. Always install new bolts.
- Remove the EBCM from the BPMV. Removal may require a light amount of force.
- Clean the EBCM to BPMV mounting surfaces with a clean cloth.
Do not use RTV or any other type of sealant on the EBCM gasket or mating surfaces.
Install the EBCM onto BPMV.
NOTEDo not reuse the old mounting bolts. Always install new bolts with the new BPMV.
- Install the four EBCM bolts.
- Connect the 2 way ABS pump motor connector to the EBCM.
- Install the BPMV to BPMV bracket.
- Install the BPMV to bracket retaining bolts.
Install the EHCU assembly to the vehicle frame.
- Tighten the three EHCU bracket bolts.
Connect the chassis electrical harness connectors to the EBCM.
NOTEThe brake pipes are held in the proper place by a frame mounted plastic bracket. Make sure that the brake pipes stay in the correct place for proper reassembly.
- Install the brake pipes to the BPMV.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Bleed the brake system.