Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Support the rear axle independently in order to relieve the tension on the leaf springs.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Real Time Damping (RTD) sensors, if equipped
- Loosely assemble the spring shackle bracket to the frame. Install the shackle bolt. Install the shackle nut.
- Install the leaf spring assembly to the vehicle.
- Loosely assemble the spring to the front hanger bracket.
Install or connect the following:
NOTEDo not reuse the U-bolts.
Front spring hanger bracket bolt
Tighten in a crisscross pattern to:
Express/Savana and 2005-06 Avalanche
1500 series: 53 ft. lbs. (72 Nm)
1500 series: 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm)
- Express/Savana and 2005-06 Avalanche
- Tighten the front hanger bracket nut to 110 ft. lbs. (150 Nm) on Express/Savana and 2005-06 Avalanche or 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm) on 2007 Avalanche.
- Tighten the rear hanger bracket nut to 70 ft. lbs. (95 Nm).
- Install the fuel tank for left side applications.
- Install the trailer hitch if equipped.
- Connect the RTD sensors, if equipped
- Remove the rear axle support.
- Remove the safety stands. Lower the vehicle.