Removal & Installation
Before servicing any electrical component, the ignition key must be in the OFF or LOCK position and all electrical loads must be OFF, unless instructed otherwise in these procedures. If a tool or equipment could easily come in contact with a live exposed electrical terminal, also disconnect the negative battery cable. Failure to follow these precautions may cause personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.
After installation, calibrate the new EBCM to the tire size that is appropriate to the vehicle. Refer to Tire Size Calibration and to Trim Level Calibration portions of ABS Operation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Remove the four T-25 TORX® screws (1) that fasten the EBCM to the BPMV.
CAUTIONDo not use a tool to pry the EBCM or the BPMV. Excessive force will damage the EBCM.
- Partially remove the EBCM (2) from the BPMV (3) enough to access the electrical connectors. Removal may require a light amount of force.
- Disconnect the four electrical connectors from EBCM.
Fully remove the EBCM (2) from the BPMV (3).
Do not reuse the old mounting screws. Always install new mounting screws with the new EBCM.
Do not use RTV or any other type of sealant on the EBCM gasket or mating surfaces.
- Install EBCM (2) on to the BPMV (3).
- Connect the four electrical connectors to the EBCM.
Install the four new T-25 TORX® screws (1) in the EBCM (2).
- Tighten the four T-25 TORX® screws to 39 inch lbs. (5 Nm) in an X-pattern.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Revise the tire calibration using the Scan Tool.
- Using scan tool, return to Diagnostic System Check - ABS.