Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fan relay from the underhood fuse/relay center.
- Install the fan relay to the underhood fuse/relay center.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the condition of the fan switch and wiring. Repair as necessary.
- Attach one end of a jumper wire to a good 12 volt power source and the other end of the jumper wire to the orange wire at the cooling fan relay.
- The fan should operate. If the fan does operate the switch is probably defective.
- If the fan does not operate, unplug the fan electrical harness and apply 12 volts directly to the fan. If the fan does not operate, the fan motor is probably defective. If the fan does operate, the relay could be defective.