Removal & Installation
- Remove negative battery cable(s).
- Loosen filler cap(s) to relieve tank pressure.
- Release the fuel pump electrical connector.
- Clean both fuel line connections and surrounding areas at fuel pump before disconnecting to avoid possible contamination of the fuel system.
- Remove both fuel lines from fuel pump by loosening the fuel line fittings.
Slide fuel pump out of bracket.
- Position the new pump in the pump bracket.
- Install both fuel lines on the fuel pump. Use a backup wrench in order to prevent the pump from turning. Tighten the fuel line fittings to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
- Connect the fuel pump electrical harness connector.
- Connect the negative battery cables.
- Tighten the fuel tank filler cap(s).
- Bleed the air from the system.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.