Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONBefore servicing components near or affected by the SRS (air bag) system, read and observe all SRS Service Precautions. Refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), in the Chassis Electrical section. Failure to observe all precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury, or death.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes for the SRS memory to drain.
- Remove the instrument lower finish panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Removal & Installation in the Body Interior section.
- Disconnect the instrument center cluster panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Removal & Installation in the Body Interior section.
- If removing a manual A/C control panel, disconnect the water valve control cable and the air mix damper control cable. Refer to Control Cables, Removal & Installation.
- Disconnect the control panel connector.
- Remove the 4 screws and A/C control lower panel.
Remove the 4 screws and A/C control upper panel with the radio.
Remove the 6 bolts and the A/C control upper panel from the radio.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.