Toyota Avalon 1995-1996
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the radiator cap from the water outlet.
CAUTIONTo avoid the danger of being burned, do not remove the radiator cap while the engine and radiator are still hot, as fluid and steam can be blown out under pressure.
- Loosen the 3 drain plugs of the radiator and engine, and drain the coolant.
Close the drain plugs. Tighten:
Right-hand engine drain plug on EGR cooler: 61 inch lbs. (7 Nm)
Slowly fill the system with coolant.
NOTEUse a good brand of ethylene-glycol base coolant and mix it according to the manufacturer-s directions. Using coolant which includes more than 50 % ethylene-glycol (but not more than 70 %) is recommended. Do not use an alcohol type coolant. The coolant should be mixed with demineralized water or distilled water. Capacity: 9.8 qt. (9.3 liters)
- Install the radiator cap.
- Start the engine, and bleed the cooling system.
- If necessary, refill coolant into the reservoir up to the -FULL- line.
- Check engine coolant for leaks.