Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Release the fuel system pressure.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF .
Disconnect the battery cables, negative cable first.
NOTEOn vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- Matchmark the hood hinges and remove the hood.
- Remove the battery and battery tray.
- Drain the engine oil and cooling system.
- Disconnect the accelerator and throttle cables.
- Remove the cruise control actuator, if equipped.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly, mass air flow meter and air cleaner hose.
- Remove the radiator.
- Remove the front exhaust pipe. Refer to Catalytic Converter Removal & Installation.
- Remove the bolts and disconnect the engine relay box.
Remove the cover and disconnect the connectors and fusible link block from the relay box.
- Disconnect the windshield wiper motor connector.
- Disconnect the igniter connector from the left-hand fender apron.
- Disconnect the noise filter connector from the left-hand fender apron.
- Disconnect the ground strap connectors from the left-hand and right-hand fender aprons.
- Disconnect the engine room main wire connectors from the left-hand fender apron.
- Disconnect the ground cable from the battery body bracket.
- Disconnect the engine wire protector clamp from the battery body bracket.
- Disconnect the engine wire clamp from the fuel filter.
- Disconnect the engine wire clamp from bracket from the right-hand fender apron.
- Disconnect the brake booster vacuum hose from the air intake chamber.
- Disconnect the engine coolant reservoir hose from the water outlet.
- Disconnect the heater hose from the intake manifold.
- Disconnect the heater hose from the water inlet housing.
- Disconnect the fuel inlet hose from the fuel filter.
- Disconnect the EVAP hose from the pipe on the emission control valve set.
- Disconnect the EVAP hose from the charcoal canister.
- Disconnect the vacuum hoses from the engine.
- Remove the instrument panel undercover, the lower instrument panel and glove box assembly.
Disconnect the Engine Control Module (ECM) connectors, the cowl wire connectors, and the cooling fan ECM connector. Push the engine wire through the cowl panel.
- Remove the halfshafts from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the air conditioning compressor without disconnecting the hoses.
- Disconnect the transaxle control cable from the transaxle.
- Disconnect the power steering pressure tube.
- Remove the power steering pump.
Disconnect the transaxle from the left-hand engine mounting insulator by removing the bolts.
Remove the rear engine mounting bracket by removing the hole plugs, then removing the nuts.
Remove the 4 bolts and the engine mounting absorber.
Disconnect the front engine mounting insulator from the front frame by removing the 3 bolts.
Attach a hoist chain to the engine hangers.