Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the engine from the vehicle and disconnect the transaxle from the engine.
- Remove the 8 bolts, rear plate, drive plate and front spacer.
- Wire brush the retaining bolts thoroughly to remove all the old sealant from the threads.
- Remove any sealant or debris from the crankshaft and flywheel/drive plate bolt holes.
If the holes are filled with oil and grease, clean them with a small wire brush and penetrating oil. You may have to run the proper size metric tap down each bolt hole several times to clear the hole.
- Apply No. 08833-00070, THREE BOND®1324 or equivalent adhesive to the last two or three threads of each bolt.
- Install the front spacer, drive plate and rear plate on the crankshaft.
- Install and uniformly tighten the 8 bolts in several passes, in the sequence shown to 61 ft. lbs. (83 Nm).
Attach the transaxle to the engine and install the engine into the vehicle.