Removal & Installation
- Remove the transaxle.
- Remove the drive plate.
- Remove the rear end plate.
- Remove the 6 rear oil seal retainer bolts.
Using a screwdriver, remove the oil seal retainer by prying the portions between the oil seal retainer and main bearing cap.
Remove the oil seal. Place the seal on blocks of wood, then tap the seal from the retainer.
- Using a razor blade, gasket scraper, and a non residue solvent, clean both oil seal retainer sealing surfaces.
Apply sealant to the oil seal retainer. Parts must be assembled within 3 minutes of application.
- Install the oil seal retainer with the 6 bolts Uniformly tighten the bolt in several passes, to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Using a block of wood, drive the oil seal into the retainer until its surface is flush with the edge of the retainer. Make sure that the seal is installed evenly in the retainer to ensure proper sealing.
- Install the rear end plate.
- Install the drive plate.
- Install the transaxle.