Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the alternator drive belt.
- Remove the right front wheel and the splash shield.
Remove the power steering pump drive belt by loosening the two bolts.
- Disconnect the engine coolant reservoir from the water outlet.
- Disconnect the two ground wire connectors.
Remove the right-hand engine mounting stay.
Remove the engine moving control rod and the No. 2 right-hand engine mounting bracket.
NOTETo extract the engine bracket and control rod, you will need to raise the engine slightly.
Remove the No. 2 alternator bracket.
Using a prybar and wrench or SST tool 09213-54015 and 09330-00021, remove the crankshaft pulley bolt.
- Using a puller, remove the crankshaft pulley.
Remove the No. 1 timing belt cover by removing four bolts.
- Remove the No. 2 timing belt cover as follows:
Apply the new gasket to the No. 2 timing belt cover. Install it evenly to the part of the belt cover shaded black. After installation, press down on it so that the adhesive sticks to the belt cover firmly.
- Install the No. 2 timing belt cover with the 5 bolts. Tighten the bolts to 74 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the engine wire protector clamp to the No. 3 timing belt cover.
- Install the engine wire protector to the No. 3 timing belt cover with the bolt.
Apply a new gasket the on the No. 1 timing cover. Secure the No. 1 timing belt cover with 4 bolts. Tighten the bolts to 74 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the crankshaft pulley. Tighten the bolt to 159 ft. lbs. (215 Nm).
- Install the No. 2 alternator bracket. Tighten the nut to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm). Do not tighten the pivot bolt at this time.
- Install the No. 2 right-hand engine mounting bracket and the moving control rod.
- Install the right-hand engine mounting stay.
- Connect the two ground wire connectors.
- Connect the engine coolant reservoir hose to the water outlet.
- Install and adjust the drive belts.
- Install the right front splash shield and wheel assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the vehicle and check for any leaks.
- Recheck the ignition timing.