Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the timing belt. Refer to Timing Belt Removal & Installation.
- Remove the camshaft timing pulleys.
- Remove the No. 2 idler pulley.
- Remove the No. 3 timing belt cover:
Check that the timing belt cover gaskets have no cracks or peeling, etc. If the gaskets have cracks or peeling etc., replace them using these steps:
- Using a screwdriver and gasket scraper, remove all the old gasket material.
- Thoroughly clean all components to remove all the loose material.
Remove the backing paper from a new gasket and install the gasket evenly to the part of the timing belt cover shaded black in the illustration. When joining 2 gaskets, do not leave a gap between them. Cut off any excess gasket.
- After installing the gasket, press down on it so that the adhesive firmly sticks to the timing belt cover.
- Install the timing belt cover and tighten the 6 bolts to 74 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Install the 3 engine wire clamps to the timing belt cover.
- Install the No. 2 idler pulley.
- Install the camshaft timing pulleys.
- Install the timing belt.