Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Disconnect the radiator inlet hose.
- Disconnect the throttle and accelerator cables.
- Remove the air cleaner cap assembly.
- Remove the V-bank cover. Use a hexagon wrench to loosen the nuts.
- Label and remove all emission control valve hoses. Disconnect any wiring interfering with the valve cover removal.
- Remove the air intake chamber. This will gain you access to the back valve cover.
- Disconnect the engine wire from the left hand side, No. 3 timing belt cover, rear side and right hand side. Most of the wiring is secured by nuts and or bolts to the body of the vehicle.
- Remove the ignition coils, make sure the place them in order on a table so not to mix them up.
Remove the 8 bolts retaining the valve covers and gasket.