Diagnosis & Testing
- Inspect the antenna motor circuit:
Inspect the antenna motor:
Install the antenna nut.
WARNINGThese tests must be done quickly (within 3 to 5 seconds) to prevent the coil from burning out.
- Connect the positive lead from the battery to terminal 1 and the negative lead to terminal 2.
- Check that the motor turns (moves upward).
Reverse the polarity, check that the motor turns the opposite way (moves downward).
- If operation is not as specified, replace the antenna motor assembly. If the motor is normal, lower the antenna to its lowest position.
- Install the antenna nut.
- Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- To access the antenna, remove the trim panel from the interior of the vehicle.
- Detach the electrical wiring harness from the component.
- Unbolt the unit. The antenna may have a mounting nut retaining it to the outside of the quarter panel. Remove this nut and retainer to slip the unit out from inside the car.
Pull the unit out from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check component operation.