Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONBefore servicing components near or affected by the SRS (air bag) system, read and observe all SRS Service Precautions. Refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), in the Chassis Electrical section. Failure to observe all precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury, or death.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes for the SRS memory to drain.
- Discharge the refrigerant from refrigeration system.
Remove the blower unit:
- Remove the glove compartment parts. Refer to Instrument Panel Removal & Installation in the Body Interior section.
- Remove the No. 2 under cover. Refer to Instrument Panel Removal & Installation in the Body Interior section.
- Remove the ECM and ECU with bracket.
- Remove the blower unit.
- Disconnect the connectors.
Remove the 2 nuts, 2 bolts and blower unit.
Disconnect the liquid and suction tubes. Cap the open fittings immediately to keep moisture or dirt out of the system.
- Remove the screw and pull out the thermistor.
- Remove the 5 screws and evaporator cover.
Pull out the evaporator.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- If evaporator is replaced, add compressor oil to the evaporator. Add 1.4 fl. oz. (40 cc). Compressor oil: ND-OIL 8 or equivalent
- Connect liquid tube and suction tube. Lubricate 2 new O-rings with compressor oil and install them to the tubes. Tighten to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).