Fluid Level Check
- Keep the vehicle level.
- With the engine stopped, check the fluid level in the oil reservoir. Check that the fluid level is within the HOT LEVEL range on the reservoir. If the fluid is cold, check that it is within the COLD LEVEL range. If necessary, add fluid. Fluid: ATF DEXRON® II or III
- Start the engine and run it at idle.
- Turn the steering wheel from lock to lock several times to boost fluid temperature. Fluid temperature: 176°F (80°C)
- Check for foaming or emulsification. If there is foaming or emulsification, bleed power steering system.
- With the engine idling, measure the fluid level in the oil reservoir.
- Stop the engine.
- Wait a few minutes and re-measure the fluid level in the oil reservoir. Maximum fluid level rise: 0.20 in. (5 mm). If a problem is found, bleed power steering system.
- Check the fluid level.