Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the union bolt and 2 gaskets from the caliper, and disconnect the flexible hose from the caliper. Use a container to catch the brake fluid as it drains out.
- Hold the sliding pin and loosen the 2 caliper installation bolts.
- Remove the caliper installation bolts.
- Remove the caliper from the torque plate.
- Remove the anti-squeal springs.
- Remove the brake pads with anti-squeal shims.
Remove the pad support plates.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Tighten the 2 installation bolts to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Install the flexible hose lock securely in the lock hole in the caliper. Tighten the union bolt to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Fill brake reservoir with brake fluid, bleed brake system and check for leaks.