Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove the front axle hub. Refer to Steering Knuckle Removal & Installation.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the dust deflector.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut.
Using a ball joint puller, remove the lower ball joint.
- Install the lower ball joint and tighten nut to 90 ft. lbs. (123 Nm).
- Install new cotter pin.
Using the appropriate driver, install new dust deflector. Align the holes for the ABS speed sensor in the dust deflector and steering knuckle.
- Install the steering knuckle with axle hub onto the vehicle.
- Check ABS speed sensor signal.
- Check the front wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.