Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the front fender apron seal.
- Remove the drive shaft lock nut.
Disconnect the tie rod end from steering knuckle.
- Remove both stabilizer end brackets from the lower suspension arms.
Disconnect the lower suspension arm from lower ball joint.
- Remove the drive shaft from axle hub. Support the drive shaft securely. Be careful not to damage the drive shaft boot and ABS sensor rotor.
Remove the 2 bolts on the front side of the lower suspension arm.
Remove the bolt and nut on the rear side of the lower suspension arm.
- Remove the lower suspension arm.
Remove the lower suspension arm bushing stopper from the lower suspension arm shaft.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Tighten the rear lower suspension arm bolt and nut to 152 ft. lbs. (206 Nm).
- Tighten the front lower suspension arm bolts to 152 ft. lbs. (206 Nm).
- Tighten the lower suspension arm-to-lower ball joint nuts and bolt to 94 ft. lbs. (127 Nm).
- Tighten the stabilizer end bracket nuts 41 ft. lbs. (56 Nm).
- Tighten the drive shaft nut to 217 ft. lbs. (294 Nm).
- Check the front wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.