Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the front of the vehicle and support it safely.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove both right and left side fender apron seals.
- Remove the cotter pin and the nut from both side tie rod end studs. Using puller, disconnect right and left tie rod ends from the steering knuckle.
Remove stabilizer bar links (bolts) from each control arm.
- Remove the 4 nuts and left and right links.
Remove the right and left bushing retainers and the bar bushings.
- Remove the 4 bolts, left and right stabilizer bar bushings and retainers.
- Remove the front exhaust pipe.
- Remove the steering gear box mounting bolts and nuts.
- Lift the steering gear box and remove the stabilizer bar from the vehicle.
- Lift the steering gear box and install bar into position.
- Install the steering gear box mounting bolts and nuts and tighten to 134 ft. lbs. (181 Nm).
- Install the front exhaust pipe.
- Install the left and the right stabilizer bar bushings, bushing retainers, and secure with the retaining bolts. Tighten the retainer bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Install both side stabilizer bar links and tighten to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
- Connect both side tie rod ends to the steering knuckles and tighten the nut to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm).
- Install the left and the right fender apron seals and the front wheels.