Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the front wheels.
Remove the drive shaft lock nut:
- Remove the cotter pin and lock cap.
- While applying the brakes, remove the nut.
- Remove the brake caliper and disc.
Remove the ABS speed sensor and wire harness clamp.
Loosen the 2 nuts on the lower side of the shock absorber. Do not remove at this time.
Remove the cotter pin and nut from the tie rod end. Using a tie rod end removal tool, separate the tie rod end from the steering knuckle.
Remove the lower ball joint bolt and 2 nuts to disconnect the lower ball joint from the lower arm.
- Remove the 2 bolts on the lower side of the shock absorber.
- Remove the steering knuckle with the axle hub.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Tighten the shock absorber bolts to 156 ft. lbs. (211 Nm).
- Tighten the ball joint bolt and nuts to 94 ft. lbs. (127 Nm).
- Tighten the tie rod end nut to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm).
- Tighten the ABS speed sensor to 69 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Tighten the drive shaft nut to 217 ft. lbs. (294 Nm).
- Check ABS speed sensor signal.
- Check the front wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.