Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the front wheel.
Remove the front axle hub. Refer to Steering Knuckle Removal & Installation.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the dust deflector.
- Remove the cotter pin and nut.
Using a ball joint puller, remove the lower ball joint.
Using a hub puller, remove the axle hub.
Using SST 09950-00020 or equivalent tool and a press, remove the inner race (outside) from the axle hub.
- Using a Torx® wrench, remove the bolts and the dust cover.
Using snapring pliers, remove the snapring from the inner side of the steering knuckle.
- Place the inner race on the outside of the bearing.
Using a proper sized driver and a press, remove the bearing from the steering knuckle. The bearing is pressed from the front of the steering knuckle and is removed through the back of the steering knuckle.
- Using a proper sized driver and a press, install a new bearing to the steering knuckle.
- Install the snapring to the steering knuckle using snapring pliers.
- Place the dust cover on the steering knuckle and tighten the bolts to 74 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Using a press and a proper sized driver, install the axle hub to the steering knuckle.
- Attach the ball joint to the steering knuckle. Install a new cotter pin. Tighten the nut to 90 ft. lbs. (123 Nm).
Using the appropriate driver, install new dust deflector. Align the holes for the ABS speed sensor in the dust deflector and steering knuckle.
- Install the steering knuckle with axle hub onto the vehicle.
- Install the front wheel.
- Check ABS speed sensor signal.
- Check the front wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.