- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel pressure. Refer to Fuel System Pressure, Relieving.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel pump assembly. Refer to Fuel Pump Removal & Installation.
Remove the fuel pump from the fuel pump bracket.
- Remove the fuel sender gauge. Refer to Fuel Level Sending Unit Removal & Installation.
- Using a small screwdriver, remove the clip.
Pull out the pump filter.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Install the filter with a new clip.
- Check for fuel leakage.