Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel pressure. Refer to Fuel System Pressure, Relieving.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rear seat cushion.
Take out the carpet, remove the 5 screws and the floor service hole cover.
- Disconnect the fuel pump and sender gauge connector.
Using SST 09631-22020 or equivalent tool, disconnect the fuel outlet pipe (fuel tube) from the fuel pump assembly. Remove the fuel filter cap to prevent the fuel from flowing out.
- Remove the 8 fuel pump assembly mounting bolts.
Pull out the fuel pump assembly. Remove the gasket from the pump assembly.
WARNINGDo not damage the fuel pump filter. Be careful that the arm of the sender gauge is not bent.
- Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
- Remove the fuel pump from the fuel pump bracket:
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Install a new gasket to the pump assembly.
- Tighten the fuel pump assembly mounting bolts to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Tighten the outlet pipe bolts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Check for fuel leakage.