Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel pressure. Refer to Fuel System Pressure, Relieving.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Drain the engine coolant.
Disconnect the accelerator cable and the throttle cable.
- Disconnect the PCV hose, loosen the 2 hose clamps, and remove the air cleaner hose.
- Disconnect the throttle position sensor connector.
- Disconnect the IAC valve connector.
Disconnect these vacuum hoses:
- Vacuum hose (from port R of EGR vacuum modulator)
- Vacuum hose (from port E of EGR vacuum modulator)
Disconnect these hoses:
Water bypass hose (from intake manifold)
Remove the 2 bolts, 2 nuts, EGR gas temperature sensor connector, throttle body and gasket.