Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
CAUTIONBefore servicing components near or affected by the SRS (air bag) system, read and observe all SRS Service Precautions. Refer to Supplemental Restraint System (SRS), in the Chassis Electrical section. Failure to observe all precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury, or death.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes for the SRS memory to drain.
- Discharge the refrigerant from refrigeration system.
Disconnect the water hose from the heater core (heater radiator).
Remove the blower unit:
- Remove the glove compartment parts. Refer to Instrument Panel Removal & Installation in the Body Interior section.
- Remove the No. 2 under cover. Refer to Instrument Panel Removal & Installation in the Body Interior section.
- Remove the ECM and ECU with bracket.
- Remove the blower unit.
- Disconnect the connectors.
Remove the 2 nuts, 2 bolts and blower unit.
- Remove the instrument panel and reinforcement. Refer to Instrument Panel Removal & Installation in the Body Interior section.
Disconnect the liquid and suction tubes. Cap the open fittings immediately to keep moisture or dirt out of the system.
- Disconnect the A/C unit connectors.
Remove the 2 nuts and A/C unit.
Installation is the reverse of removal, noting the following:
- Connect liquid tube and suction tube. Lubricate 2 new O-rings with compressor oil and install them to the tubes. Tighten to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Connect the water hose to the heater radiator by pushing the water hose onto the heater radiator pipe as far as second ridge on the pipe, and install the hose clip.
- Evacuate the air in the refrigeration system and charge with refrigerant.
- Check for refrigerant leakage. If there is leakage, check the tightening torque at the joints.